The Kenya-Re Story

Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re) is the oldest Reinsurer in Eastern and Central Africa. It was established through an Act of Parliament in December 1970 and commenced business in January 1971.

Kenya Re’s core activity is providing reinsurance services for most classes of business. Since its inception, Kenya Re has progressively and consistently continued to provide reinsurance services to more than 482 companies spread out in over 83 countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.

The numbers of shares are 600,000,000. The Kenya Government has the majority shareholding of 360, 000,000 (60%) while the remainder (40%) 240,000,000 is held by the public. The Government sold 40 per cent of its shareholding in 2007, through an IPO.

Share this